General terms and conditions
This site is owned and operated by Ocelot Chocolate Ltd of 60 Jane Street, Edinburgh, EH6 5HG. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions or if you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, you can contact us at email@example.com or on 0131 6293483.
1. The contract between us
- Orders for Chocolate Products
1. We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the products that you order before your order can be accepted. Your payment of the price for the products represents an offer on your part to purchase the products, which will be accepted by us when we send to you an email that the products have been sent to you. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
2. Terms and conditions applying to orders for chocolate products
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. We do our best to keep stock levels up to date on our website – in the unusual event that the products you have ordered are not available from stock, we will contact you by e-mail or phone (if you have given us details). You will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel your order.
- Ordering errors
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the products you have ordered are not available from stock, we will contact you by e-mail or phone (if you have given us details). You will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel your order.
1. The prices payable for products that you order are as set out in our website. All prices are inclusive of VAT ( where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of placing your order.
2. Wherever it is not possible to accept your order to buy products of the specification and description at the price indicated, we will advise you by email.
- Payment terms
The price for the products that you order is payable to us in full at the time you place the order. We accept no liability if a delivery is delayed because you have not given us the correct payment or address details.
1. Our delivery charges are set out in our website.
2. We will notify you by email when your products have been dispatched.
3. We will deliver the products you have ordered either by courier or by Royal Mail to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate. For orders sent by courier, our courier will require you to sign for the products on delivery. Please check the delivery before you sign for it to verify that all the products you have ordered have been delivered and that they have not been damaged. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the products once they have been delivered. We always aim to dispatch within 5 working days from order. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, the delivery date will be extended by a reasonable period.
4. You will become the owner of the products you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once products have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss, deterioration or destruction.
- Risk and ownership
Risk of damage to, deterioration or loss of the products passes to you at the time of delivery to you, or if you fail to take delivery when our courier attends the address you have specified for delivery, the time when the courier tried to deliver. You will only own the products once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment in full. Products supplied are strictly not for resale.
- Acknowledgement and acceptance of your order
You will need to provide us with your e-mail address and we will notify you by e-mail as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order. An acceptance of your order will take place on despatch of the products ordered.
- Cancellation rights
You will usually have up to 24 hours to cancel your order after purchasing, provided you have not received a dispatch confirmation. If your products have been dispatched, in order to receive a refund it is your responsibility to return the products to us in an undamaged condition.
- Right to refuse order
We reserve the right to refuse to accept your order if:
1. we have insufficient stock to deliver the products you have ordered;
2. we are not able to deliver to your area; or
3. one or more of the products you ordered was listed at an incorrect price.
If we do refuse to accept your order we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit the amount you paid when placing your order to the account from which you made payment as soon as possible but in any event within 14 days of your order.
1. If you do not receive products ordered by you within 5 days from the date on which you received an email to say they were dispatched, we will have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 14 days of the date on which the products were despatched to you (unless this is not reasonably practicable). If you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be to refund to you the amount paid by you for the products in question.
2. Each party shall only be liable under this contract for losses, which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
3. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
3. Terms and conditions relating to all contracts
- Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Ocelot Chocolate Ltd. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non commercial use, is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, anything on this website for any purpose. You may only distribute or repost anything on this website with our written permission and subject to any conditions we may in our absolute discretion impose.
- Accuracy of content
We have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all products have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the products or their respective prices as advertised on this website. Any description of or information given about the products is in general terms only.
- Damage to your computer
We try to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website. Except in the case of negligence on our part, we will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at Ocelot Chocolate Ltd, 33 Lauderdale Street, Edinburgh, EH9 1DE and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time.
- Changes to terms and conditions
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
- Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with Scottish law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland. All contracts are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- Third party rights
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.